Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Grace...

My husband is a pusher.  It's wonderful and annoying all at the same time.  He gives 110% to everything he does and he expects everyone around him to do the same.  He's always trying to improve, to be more efficient, to find a better way. "Settle" and "okay" are not words in his vocabulary.

I've known my husband for nearly nine years now.  In those nine years he has been pushing me to try harder, do more, aim higher. I admit that sometimes this make me want to lob heavy objects in his direction but I am eternally thankful for his pushing.  I wouldn't be where I am without his pushing.

God is a pusher too.  He asks us to live in constant dependence on him.  To listen to His calling. To share His message.  He asks us to step out of our comfort zone and do His will with no promise of recognition.  He wants us to be courageous.

The funny thing about courage is that it requires us to be vulnerable.  And I just couldn't do that if I didn't have someone pushing me.  God is pushing me to a new place.  A place of grace.

He has carried me through such grief and sadness.  Times of despair.  He has given me struggles with food, depression and anxiety and yet He says in Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." and Romans 8:28 says "And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Someone once told me without a mess you wouldn't have a message.  You, Messiah are the best match for my mess!

Thank you God for my my mess and for pushing me out of it.  Patti Hill said "Enjoying God's grace is sloppy business."  I couldn't have said it better myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment